Foot Trails are one of England’s best loved regional walking travel companies.
Not many can customise a self guided walk to the degree Foot Trails can.
Why? We’ve originated and created every trail ourselves. So we know it inside out. Plus you can speak to the person who created the trail. This enables us to plan things to suit you. From versatile walk lengths, to a custom itinerary, include rest days, arrange transfer and mix areas giving you anything from a 3 night short break to a 3 week trip. Each crafted to suit you.
Inn to Inn walking is:
- Linear walking with a sense of journey
- Start at one point and finish further on
- Walk from village to village, spending two nights at each country inn on route. Intentional to explore deeper and with no need to keep unpacking. Your luggage is transported ahead.
- Trails originated by Foot Trails in-house team of walking connoisseurs.
More detail ...
- Inn to Inn takes you off the beaten track and away from typical tourist trails
These trails do not follow the national trails, some of which see hundreds of thousands of people a year
- Every trail has been personally researched and created by Foot Trails Alison and David Howell
- Using years of research and local expertise you can enjoy stunning views, peaceful countryside, interesting villages, historic sites and unearth the stories, histories and nature of the South West’s stunning landscapes, away from crowds
On route you’ll stay in our hand picked country inns and accommodation.
And you’ll find your way with the assistance and support of both our innovative trail cards with step by step word directions and our local maps. Both are produced by Foot Trails team on special waterproof paper.
Request an example itinerary for one or more of our inn to inn trails.
Inn to Inn is great if:
- You love exploring and enjoy seeing and staying in different places
- You love walking but don’t want to carry a heavy backpack with you
- You either have experience of walking or feel ready for your first walking adventure
- You like the idea of starting in one place and finishing your trail in another
- You don’t want to have the aggravation of having to pack up your luggage and then unpack it again later the same day, only to repeat the following day
- You want to avoid the crowds and enjoy a more authentic experience of South West England
” Excellent walking tour company”
Your inn to inn options:
Inn to Inn walking is one of the 4 styles of walk we offer. We also offer ...
Ideal for shorter walking stays or as a way to explore multiple locations. Relaxed travel based from one of our personally chosen accommodations. A different and varied walk to enjoy every day from your doors.
Foot Trails offer memorable private guided walks with Alison and David Howell. You will have an opportunity to draw on their deep knowledge, passion and expertise to explore deeper into this beautiful part of the world.