South West Explorer
Ultimate South West walking adventure
The South West Explorer is the ultimate personal walking adventure from 15 to 21 nights. With myriad possibilities, each trip can be hand crafted and tailor-made just for you.
South West Explorer combines our signature inn to inn trails into one trip, with rest days from walking built in, so you can explore all of the South West. From the rich history of Wessex, to the coastal scenery of Dorset, the architecture of Bath and the charm of the Cotswolds, it has a little of everything.
A once in a lifetime experience
Your trip to the UK might be a once in a lifetime experience. Or perhaps you cherish the thought of being able to see as much of the South West region as possible. You’ll need the best local expertise to do it justice and our South West Explorer (featured in press worldwide) will help you to discover the very best of South West England.
The South West is the largest and most varied of England’s nine different regions. We know the region inside out, having lived and worked here for over 2 decades innovating award winning walking experiences.
We will work closely and personally with you to create your own custom made walking tour between 15 and 21 nights. Your trip could include walking in up to five of the region’s counties, Wiltshire, Dorset, Somerset, The Cotswolds and Bath.
Be prepared for a little adventure. Longer grasses in summer, a little overgrown in places may sometimes apply, but your efforts will be richly rewarded with sights of villages, landscapes, secret views and country inns that most visitors simply never see.
Read more about our food & accommodation here.
Ready to start your adventure?
Trail highlights include:
- Discover highlights of South West England off the beaten track walking local paths
- Explore Wiltshire’s immense historic villages and landscapes with a human history dating back thousands of years. Enjoy hidden medieval villages.
- Discover Dorset – a timeless beauty that inspired author Thomas Hardy and many writers and poets. Its rolling chalk downs are havens for nature; places to spot wild flowers, orchids and rare butterflies as well as deer, foxes and hares.
- Taste local produce including Dorset apple cake, Wiltshire ham, local bacon, cider, local ales, cheddar cheese, Somerset brie and more
- Visit ancient market towns such as Sherborne with its world renowned abbey and independent shops and cafés
- Explore the Cotswolds away from the crowds with our trails. See villages and churches of the famous Cotswolds stone and discover the region’s history with the wool trade.
- Admire Somerset’s picturesque English countryside dotted with church towers and villages and learn its ancient myths including that of King Arthur’s Camelot
- Stay in centuries old country inns. Each hand picked and located in a gorgeous English village with great bedrooms and local food and drink.
Like to find out more?
To find out more and request an example itinerary for one of our trails, just pop your details in below or give us a call on +44 (0) 1747 820626.