Walk and Touring is:
- Great for exploring further / more of South West England (without the crowds).
- Enjoy multiple English counties (regions) and locations in the one trip.
- Enjoy as a part walking / part driving / part sightseeing tour.
- Ideal if you love walking but don’t wish to walk every day of your trip
Foot Trails Walk & Touring trips mean you can enjoy a mixture of walking,touring,driving or rest days to suit you. We will work closely with you to create and plan an itinerary informed by our expertise, that best suits you and the season. This style of walking works best with for stays from a minimum of six nights (touring two areas) up to four weeks (touring the whole South West).
The places and counties that you can explore with a Walking and Touring walk Foot Trail include Wiltshire, Dorset, Somerset, The Cotswolds, Devon and Bath and Avon. Along the way stay in our hand picked accommodations including country inns, small boutique hotels and unique bed and breakfasts. Each one is chosen intentionally for its location, experience and access to countryside, villages, nature and history.
Every walk trail has been personally researched and created by Foot Trails Alison and David Howell. Using depth of knowledge earned by walking in the region, you will enjoy the best views, peaceful walking, away from crowds, interesting villages & historic sites (intentionally included in our trails) and unearth the stories, histories and nature of the South West’s stunning landscapes, away from crowds.
You can request an example itinerary for one or more of our inn to inn trails, just get in touch by emailing email@example.com or click on one of the trip options opposite.
Walk & Touring trips
Are great if –
- You love exploring and like variety,staying in different places every few days
- You enjoy walking, but walking every day seems too much
- You enjoy time to visit museums and sites of interest
- You would like an extended holiday, ideal trips are 2 to 4 weeks
- You want to avoid the crowds and enjoy a more authentic experience of South West England
- Include optional visits to Stately homes and Gardens
- Include optional driving tour of the Cotswolds villages
- Including optional private guided day walk to Stonehenge