Foot Trails is a family business with ambition.
We are one of England’s best loved regional walking travel companies. Our focus is on delighting our guests, who travel to walk with us from around the globe, and on the way we have been proud to win national and regional awards with the support and efforts of a fantastic team.
Founded in 2002 by Alison and David Howell, Foot Trails’ passion is to help our guests enjoy a walking trip of a lifetime, by being able to live life at 2 mph. We base life at our company on the values of respect, heart, simplicity, inspiration and service.
Life in a small growing company can be busy, and will sometimes challenge you, so if you are the sort of person that can roll up your sleeves and muck in, but takes professionalism and excellence seriously and wants to grow as a person, we could be the company for you. If you are the sort of person who doesn’t enjoy change and likes things to stay as they are, and would be shocked by a request to help out with the dusting, we probably aren’t the right company for you.
Our team is currently full and we do not have any vacancies.
Click here to meet our team!
Travel Sales Consultant/ Trip Planner – English walking tours (warm leads)
£19 to £21 k plus performance bonuses
Salisbury SP3 5UA
We are now recruiting.
Join an award winning company that is passionate about the English countryside and delighting guests & travellers from around the world. Foot Trails provides 5 star country walking tours here in the South West of England.
We are looking for a Sales Consultant to help our ‘guests’ find, and plan the holiday of a lifetime. Our guests travel from all over the world to experience rural South West England. They are wealthy professionals who value experience.
Your will be working with warm leads (no cold calling), building a rapport, asking questions and listening in order to fully understand their wishes. You will then recommend and sell the right trip to our guest.
This is a full time position – Monday to Friday, with 1 in 4 Saturday’s (day off in week to balance). You will also need to be flexible to be able to help our guests at mutually agreed convenient times in their local time zone.
The position is based at our country office in Berwick St Leonard near Tisbury. The location is easily commutable from Tisbury, Warminster, Salisbury, Shaftesbury, Gillingham and Mere and applications are welcome from other locations.
The role will involve –
- Achieve monthly sales targets
- Connect with our prospective guests via email and over the phone (majority email)
- Ask the right questions to ascertain the needs of each unique guest
- Recommend and sell the right trip for the traveller based on their needs including any extra services that may enhance their experience.
- Plan the guests daily itinerary and book their accommodation and travel
- Believe in your role being to give each guest the trip of a lifetime
- Ensure the use of correct booking processes and procedures to ensure our delivery team have all they will need to make the guests trip a reality
- Maintain the sales data and information to an accurate standard and in a timely fashion
- Produce your own sales reports and analyze performance with your manager to look for ways to improve sales conversions
- Provide assistance and help on reception when required, directing calls to the right person or taking messages
- Flexible attitude with time to undertake phone calls at a time suitable for our guests (international time zones)
- Flexible too, to assist & support the team more widely as required by the business at the time
Suitable candidates will –
- Demonstrate a clear and genuine passion for people, sales, communication and the English countryside and nature
- Have a minimum of 1 years experience in a sales environment which is motivated by targets
- Posses quiet confidence in your abilities and have the ability to connect well with people from all walks of life.
- Have outstanding written communication and sales skills in order to build rapport and convey to our guests their dream trip
- Have commercial awareness on sales targets and margins and a desire / drive to achieve financial targets.
- Have an eye for detail to spot anything that might not be right
- Have IT literacy & able to manage work ‘online’
- Have flexibility, adaptability and perseverance, as well as a positive, smiling can-do attitude
An advantage –
- Experience of selling to international clients
- A geographical understanding of south west England and the travel and tourism sector in the south west
Additional information –
- You need to be self-motivated and conscientious as our team is small and you may need to work on your own at times
- You may be required to travel within the South West region at times in rural areas and locations – a driving licence and use of own car is required
- A successful candidate is required to provide two satisfactory references before they can commence employment with us
- We have a friendly office dog (Molly)
About Foot Trails –
Foot Trails was founded by Alison Howell in 2002. Alison created Foot Trails as at the time she felt frustrated by both the type of walking offered and the image of walking in England. Alison felt that walking was more about exploring the landscape, being on foot the best way to be out there, to be apart of the landscape and to be immersed in it, away from the modern world.
Foot Trails is founded on these values, Respect, Heart, Simplicity, Inspiration, Service
Foot Trails office is located in a refurbished former agricultural building on a country estate and offers an attractive working environment, office with biomass heating, access to country walks, a kitchen, plenty of on-site parking and break out areas.
We hold regular outdoor team meetings and promote lunchtime walks.
Salary – Basic = £19 to £21k, plus performance bonuses, opportunities to experience our trips, belief in personal development and growth.
Applications in writing only: With CV and covering letter to David Howell firstname.lastname@example.org Alison Howell’s Foot Trails, 9 Berwick Courtyard, Berwick St Leonard, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP3 5UA