Summer walking breaks with Foot Trails
As featured in The Los Angeles Times, Discover Britain Magazine, The Independent, Daily Telegraph, The Guardian, The Australian, National Geographic Traveller, Lonely Planet Magazine, The Huffington Post and many more!
Tall swaying grasses, evocative pink and purple meadow flowers, swooping house martins and hazy views typify an English summer.
The season drifts in almost un-noticed but is unmistakable in feel and look.
Walk with us in this headiest of seasons and you will see ripening fields of crops and perhaps hear the whirl of a combine harvester.
When summer fetes hit our English villages your walks can be followed with a long lingering chilled glass of wine or cider and a delicious feast at your country inn.
Read on for our pick of some of the best ideas for an independent summer walking break. And browse our top tips for summer walking below. Our expert local team are poised to help you explore rural England this summer by walking off the beaten track.
We look forward to hearing from you.
NEW – Complimentary Seasonal Guide
For more advice on the best time of the year to walk in England, request your copy of our new, complimentary Seasonal Guide to Walking in England. Just email email@example.com or call David Howell on +44 (0) 1747 820 626
Pick one of our fabulous dreamy summer walking breaks...
All trips include accommodation en-suite, (in personally chosen country inns and accommodations) country breakfast to start the day, one bottle of wine (or for Devon a goody pack), two or three days or independent walking tailored to suit you and the summer season, tailor and hand made Walk and Explore box with your own local maps with your routes annotated, innovative trail cards with clear word directions (on our special waterproof paper) step by step and local histories and stories, nature guide, our signature travel sweets and more!
Call +44 (0) 1747 820 626 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat over your plans with our expert Trip Planner David Howell and book your summer walking holiday or hiking vacation.
Our top ten favourite things about walking in summer…
by founder Alison Howell
1) The sounds of summer. Distant combine harvesters working, happy birds and laughing children. The sound of a popping Champagne cork...
2) The smells of summer. Cut grass, meadow flowers and the sea.
3) Tastes of summer. Home-made ice creams, a glass of chilled white wine, the freshest of salads and crusty breads.
4) The warm sunshine. Maybe not every day. But when it shines it’s wonderful.
5) Picnics. Really eating any food outside. But on our Ancient Gods Myths and Legends guided walking holidays we throw out proper rugs and dine on fine local British fare like pork pies and piccalilly, scones, strawberries and clotted and cream and more besides. Everything tastes better outdoors.
6) Those hazy views.
7) Grasses and crops.
8) Long late evenings and chilled out dusks.
9) The feeling that summer will just go on for ever.....
10) Being able to walk without a fleece.